Monday, April 11, 2011

Jetsetter’s New iPad App Is Even Dreamier

Jetsetter has phenomenal design, gorgeous photos and detailed write-ups. But what makes me so loyal to the site is I trust it. Several of my favorite properties around the world– places that aren’t particularly well known– have been offered on Jetsetter, and every property I’ve tried from the site has not only lived up the write-up, it’s been a unique experience.
Jetsetter has just launched a new iPad app today and the device is the perfect showcase for what Jetsetter is great at– melding the line between transaction engine and glossy travel magazine. 
Jetsetter CEO Drew Patterson describes his target market as the affluent traveler– a huge market made up of 7 million travelers with more than $100 million in liquid assets that’s barely online, because it’s been justifiably turned off by the Wal-Mart approach of the big online travel agents. But I think he limits the company with that description. After all, while I’ve gawked at $40,000 cruises to the North Pole that I could never afford in my wildest dreams, there are plenty of affordable properties on Jetsetter that are comparable in price to a big, boring chain hotel. It’s not about affluence– what Jetsetter has nailed is aspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment